Active Student Chapters
The AAVN is proud to have a number of approved AAVN Student Chapters for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
Colorado State University
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University
The Ohio State University
Oklahoma State University
Ontario Veterinary College
University of Missouri
University of California - Davis
University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine
University of Tennessee
AAVN Student Chapters have a number of great benefits! These include:
All AAVN Student Chapters are required to have a constitution that addresses membership, dues/finances, advisors, officers, elections, and meetings (click here for a sample template).
Are you interested in starting a student chapter at your college or university?
1. Please review and fill-out the AAVN Student Chapter Constitution Template. Edits to this template may be made. Please use “Track Changes” under the Review tab of Microsoft Word when editing this document.
2. Submit this document to the Executive Director of AAVN (email@example.com) with a register of officer and faculty advisor names with contact information including email and phone number.
3. These documents will then be distributed to the AAVN Student Member Committee. Please allow up to 6 weeks following receipt of documents for review.
4. Once the new Student Chapter is approved by the Student Member Committee, a copy of the Constitution will be returned with the date approved.
5. This constitution must then be adopted by the respective Student Chapter and this date entered onto the document (see template). Once this is complete, please submit a final copy to the AAVN Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important Dates for AAVN Student Chapters