Student members of the AAVN can now apply to serve on the AAVN’s Student Member Committee. Applications are due by September 15 and can be sent to email@example.com with the subject line "AAVN Student Member Committee Application". Selected students will be notified by October 1.
The AAVN Student Member Committee will select up to two veterinary students each academic year to serve on the committee. The selected student(s) will serve in an advisory position to the AAVN Student Member Committee and be a leader for all AAVN Student Members. Students may have the opportunity to take on additional tasks if desired. If selected, the student(s) will serve in this role for the duration of 1 academic year, ending on June 30.
To review/ download a PDF with this information click here
- Invited to all AAVN Student Member Committee meetings. These are typically held virtually at least once a semester
- Invited to attend at least 1 AAVN Executive Board meeting each semester. These are typically held virtually monthly
- Invited to attend the AAVN Clinical Nutrition & Research Symposium (virtually or in-person). Travel support will be available for in-person attendance.
- Act as a liaison between AAVN Student Member Committee & Executive Board and the student membership.
- Make at least one contribution to the AAVN Newsletter. Specific content can be discussed with the AAVN Newsletter editor.
- Make at least one contribution to the AAVN Facebook pages (student and general).
- Participate in email communications between AAVN Student Member Committee members.
- 2nd or 3rd year veterinary student
- AAVN Student Member for at least 6 months
- Good academic standing
- Email and phone number
- Veterinary School
- Expected date of graduation (month/year)
- Name and contact information of a faculty or active AAVN member reference
- Why are you applying for the AAVN Student Member Committee position? (500 words max)
- What are you hoping to take away from you time on the AAVN Student Member Committee? (500 words max)
- Please submit the above information with a current curriculum vitae or resume